Good Afternoon! See below info on an upcoming BBQ for the MD/DC & VA Sections. Please RSVP at the link provided if interested in attending.
73, Rob – N2OMC
The ARRL Sections of Virginia and Maryland/DC are pleased to invite you to the first annual Amateur Radio Cross-Potomac Summer BBQ on August 21st. This is our chance to mingle with fellow Amateur Radio operators, both from club next door and from the other side of the Potomac. This is not an operating event, or a Hamfest. It’s what it says, a good old BBQ, with some music, and a few fun, Ham Radio based challenges among friends. Further, we expect that a “Parks on the Air” activation will occur, so if you don’t have Seneca Creek State Park on your list, plan to join the POTA activity.
In order to plan the BBQ, please RSVP by registering by Aug 10th.
LOCATION: Seneca Creek State Park, 11950 Clopper Road, Gaithersburg, MD 20878 at the Nuthatch Pavilion
DATE & Time: Sunday 21 August 2022 (rain or shine, but remember, the pavilion is covered!) from Noon to 1700L
FEE: We ask $20 per person to cover pavilion rental fees, food, refreshments, etc. – Children under 18: FREE.
– Note an park admission to the Park is payable at the gate – let’s support our State parks!
– MD resident: $3, out-of-state: $5; veterans: free.
– We are limited to 200 people so book as soon as possible.
– You cannot pay at the location – tickets must be pre-purchased online.
– If you can’t attend, we’re not complicated… a full refund will be issued as long as you cancel up to the night before 1159L.
Further details at: https://hamcommunity.com/specialpages.html/temp-pages/potomac-bbq-2022-r4/
WE HOPE YOU WILL JOIN US!
The Organization Committee:
– Jack Smith KE4LWT – ARRL VA Section Manager
– Marty Pittinger KB3MXM – ARRL MDC Section Manager
– Chris Van Winkle AB3AWG – ARRL MDC Section ACC
– Mike Aimone WA8AHZ – ARRL VA Section ACC
– Jim Alyanak K3MRI – Ham Community
– Jonathan Vomacka W2JVO – Ham Community
– Ilhan & Maria Alyanak – Ham Community
Thanks in advance….
Michael Aimone, WA8AHZ
ARRL VA Section Affiliated Club Coordinator